Friday, August 28, 2009

We are Back . . .

Got back yesterday, drove in from Springfield, MO. We stayed in a Drurry Inn, found it to me nice, comfortable and convient. It had a free hot breakfast too. Our room was on the first floor, adjacent to the exit and handicapped parking spot. So next morning it was a straight shot out to the freeway.

At lunch in McAlester, OK, brought back old memories. I was having fun pointing out the various hotels we had stayed in and the eating places we dined at. All just a memory now, a short trip down memory lane.

We blew through Durant and then on to Sherman, TX. Traffic picked up considerably to McKenney. We jump off onto 380 and headed West to Denton, got on I-35W and headed South, skipped over to I-820, whizzed on to I-30 heading to Weatherford. We got home about 3:30, the place looked good to us.

Got the mail, picked up the newspaper and felt like we were at home again.

What a trip.

No comments: