Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Market . . .

Looks like the bottom has fallen out of the market, the stock market. The market does not like Obama, his jobs plan (or reality lack of a job plan) and European debt problems (Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy). The only European country that seems to be solving its problems is Ireland. Great Britian, not a member of the common market or a member of the European Economic Community, seems to be holding its own. Germany, bouying up the European economy, is fighting to hold on. The Swiss simply sit back and wait. Nothing heard from in the newly liberated states in Eastern Europe. I suspect they are truly teetering on ruin. No tell what is going on in Russia.

All that adds up with Obama uncertainly premeating the economy here in the states bodes bad news for all markets. The only thing seeming to be doing good is commodities but that is way to risky for me to get involved in. I suspect gold and silver will soar.

I guess I will just stick with coins for the moment. My collection will probably appreciate quite a bit. Though I am not in it for profit.

I see a buying opportunity opening up. Probably tomorrow. Also time to unload losers. I am of the opinion to trim some of those less than stalwart performers. I will probably buy some more DVY, an Exchange Traded Fund of dividend paying stocks. It is yielding 3.58%. at least that is well above US bonds. So it is probably a good time to acquire some more of it. It spreads the risk across 90 stocks and pays well.

And all the while a new roof is going on - in the rain. Things have stopped due to the sky is leaking. No hard rains but they can not count on that and must sit by and wait. I'm thinking they are finished for the day.

No comments: