Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Windows 10

I signed up for Windows 10 and it is in their terms "reserved" and will down load in the background.  That they have to know what kind of computer I have.  I suppose that is test to see if my computer can handle it.

I am pretty sure it can as it is relatively fast.  It has a Intel dual core processor and speed of 2.5 GHz.  I have four Gigs of RAM and perhaps 250 megabytes of space on my hard drive.  So there ought to be plenty of room for the new system.  I liked Windows 95, I had a battle loading Windows 98 but finally overcame that hurtle.  I have Windows Millennium on this machine and my lap top.  I have since converted them to Windows 7 Ultimate.  Windows 7 was and is a pretty good operating system but I am sure it will get dropped in the next six or nine months.  And the new system is free, so , , ,

I cringe at having to learn yet another system.  I liked each one in the past and I guess I will convert soon enough.  I used be a Word Perfect person but got overrun by Microsoft Word.  I have literally lost all memory of Word Perfect.  And I do not know if old applications like Quicken 6 or Word for Windows XP (I have downloaded various patches to get that to work).

So we move on ahead - again.

No comments: