Friday, August 11, 2017

Radio Control Flying . . .

Well things are settling out.  My wife is finally moving around quite easily and is in perhaps the last step regarding her back surgery.  She is going to have a pain stimulator installed in her lower back to help with the residual pain she suffers.  She is able to drive and get around now but will be better after the stimulator installation.  She will not need as much attention as I now spend with her and I can get out a bit more.

That kind of frees me up to get back to Radio Control (R/C) flying again.  Our club lost our lease and had to move out and so we are looking for a new place to fly.  There are a couple of other areas I can fly and I will start up again.   I fly during the week so I would not disturb the other club members that can only get out on the week ends.

I recently completed my Stik plane and it just needs a final control check out.  That is not hard to do and just takes a bit of time to do it.  Once I get that done then I am ready to go again.

I have other planes but they are not interesting to me at the moment.  I will get back to them soon enough.  Still a bit warm here in North Texas so it is not so pleasant to work in the garage.  There have been some rainy days and those are acceptable for work conditions but otherwise the temps get up to a 100 or more degrees.  So I have been keeping my head down inside in the air conditioning.

And then football is coming soon and that will divert my attention too.  I love the fall, cooler and better flying conditions.

No comments: