Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gonna Be a Cold One . . .

Got up at 7:00 AM or so, got dressed and went into the great room. Turned on the lights, Judie had closed all the blinds, a sure indicator of cold weather as she is trying to shield as much of the house as possible to prevent cold intrusion. Looked at the thermometer on the patio, and it read about 39 degrees or so. Checked the electronic gizmo do dad thermometer and it read 31.8 degrees.

So I got the coffee pot ready to go, put out the cereal bowl, got the coffee creamer and sweetners (note: new lexicon - can not imbide in sugar anymore so I use "Equal" and "Splenda"), poured up the cereal - Cheerio's, and added 2% milk to the mixture. Then I went out and got the newspaper. Returned to settle in and eat my daily cereal and read the paper. Temperature had dropped to 31.2 degrees on the super duper gizmo thermometer.

After cleaning up the cereal paraphernalia, tossed the folded newspaper into Judie's chair and fired up the computer. Perused the email, some spam, nothing to reply to. Did the crossword puzzles in the USA Today and Washington Post and now into this blog.

I'm looking out at Enrights driveway, I can see it is glazed over, his roof looks slick too, so I'm surmising, it is frozen over. Gonna be a slick and cold day. Time to hunker down.

Everybody, drive slow and carefully please.

No comments: