Monday, January 5, 2009

Its Begun . . .

The turkey carcass has been aboil for a while now, wonderful aroma of smoked turkey abounds though the house. The pecan smoked sausage has been added to the simmering pot along with some onions and celery. Maybe even a bay leaf in there, don't know. This is my lovely wife's concoction, not mine. I started this tradition but she is finishing it. So it is a bit out of my control.

I do not know if bullion cubes or chicken broth were used in the water base. No matter it is just as good. Maybe both.

The bones for the most part have been removed and it is now declared to be "soup!"

We had generous bowls of smoked turkey soup with rice last night. And we are gonna have it again tonight. I add a bit of Tobassco and dash of file when I serve up my bowl of the soup. Makes a little more "gumbo-ish" to me.

Right now there must be five candles burning to rid us of that mouth watering smokey aroma. Well, you know, got to get things back to normal.

We have lots of pieces of smoked turkey left, so we will have a season of it so to speak.

The pot made about a gallon and half in this initial batch.

So it will last a while.

As son James would say, "Yummy."

No comments: