Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cold This AM . . .

It was 23 this AM when I got up. And that was late, I was up about 8 AM. It has steadily risen to a warn 28 degrees. And the winds are ripping. I noted the ice glaze on my neighbors roofs has ablated, blown away so to speak by the dry winds. I imagine the chill index is down in the single digits. I, for one, am not planning on going outside.

Checked on New Roads and they are still well above freezing at 46 degrees. The Audubon Bridge web cam gives the temperature. It is wet, raining a bit and looks like the wind is ripping along too. I also note the river seems to be up a couple feet. Must be really tough to work out there right now - 100 feet above the river with the wind blasting through. I know they have safety containers that must block some of the wind but still got to be cold up there.

I note they are also doing some work on the piers now near where the deck goes. I would imagine there will be a cross bar constructed, something similar to support the deck on the piers. The bridge deck will progress out from that central point in both directions - toward the bank and out over the river. Really beginning to look like a bridge.

At least the streets are dry. Some reports of truck accidents west of Weatherford early AM when the brunt of the front came through. Now it is just cold and thankfully, dry.

Keep your heads down folks.

No comments: