Friday, February 4, 2011

Ka - Boom . . .

Ka-boom, well at least I think it went ka-boom. After two days of less than 20 degrees F, I had a can of Diet Coke exploded in my Mountaineer.

I went out to go to the Post Office to mail stuff, the mail to go out had been building up and we kept missing the mail lady. And I had a bit of cabin fever too. So out to the vehicle I went.

I pulled open the driver's door. Yes, the handle worked, but the door was slightly frozen to the frame. So it took a little bit of effort to get the door open.

When I had the driver's door open, I saw this brown colored fluffy ice all over my seat and the other passenger seat. Then I looked up and it was all over the head liner. So I swept off the seats so I could sit without it melting and getting me wet.

I got a lot of Coke out but much was still stuck to the headliner.

About half way to the PO, I noticed it was melting and being absorbed by the headliner.

Later I discovered the Coke can. The entire top was blown off. The pop top seal did not go, the seal around the entire top gave up the ghost.

Well there you have it, do not leave unopened Coke cans in your car outside in severee cold weather. Oh yes, the Mountaineer started right of way and the drive, while slow and careful, was uneventful.

Now up to 30 degrees today (Friday - Feb 4, 2011). Quite balmy, yes?

No comments: