Thursday, August 23, 2012

Checked the Flower Pot Again. . .

I noted yesterday about 8 AM Fritz had departed the flower pot.  Indeed saw her all over the patio and the sidewalk around the patio.  She was more mobile with the increase in temperature.  Hungry too I bet.

I cut the grass and as usual had to blow off the sidewalks and street curb.  Came around to the back of the house and Fritz was out in front of the wood pile about 10 or so inches from the edge of the sidewalk.  So I skirted around her.  She was unperturbed by the blower noise, powered by a 25 CC two cycle engine.  I blew the remainder of the sidewalk off and looked back and she had not moved.  As I went back to the front I blew over her and she just sat there.  I think she was expecting a few bugs to blown out from the cracks.  No matter, she could careless about me and the blower.  Now if I did not have the blower, well she may not have let me get that close before skedaddling away.

So this morning I got up just after 5 AM, and was in the kitchen area by 5:30 and on a lark decided to check the baker's rack and the flower pot.  Yep, she was in there all bedded down.  It must be a secure spot for her, to high for a snake to get her, though I suppose if the snake knew she was there, it would climb the baker's rack and go after her.  But first the snake has to know she is there and of course, we have have a snake too.  Haven't seen a snake around here for a couple of years.

While cutting the grass I saw a Fritz junior out back near the hose box.  There is an abandoned flower bed there and another not abandoned across from it.  The hose box is next to the water faucet from the well.  There is also a small, well it is taller than me, Crepe Myrtle there too.  We have seen Fritzes there on an off over the years.  There is yet another one that lives under the well pressure tank.  He has reached the adult stage but is still not as big as Fritz.

And there is a front porch Fritz, medium sized that lives in and around the front porch, well more like stoop. There are a couple of large spruces and other plants about.  So it is ideal hunting territory for him.

Strange pets of sorts, but they are ours.

No comments: