Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fritz's New Antic . . .

This little animal never ceases to amaze me. 

I checked the flower pot to see if she was done in there asleep.  I looked closely and no she was not down in amongst the stalks of the plant.  Then I realized she was laying on top of the leaves, stretched out like a small but fat snake.

I guess she did not need the security of being hidden down in the plant, but counted on her natural camouflage to blend in with the leaves.  Well she fooled me, for a while.  Like I said, she was sort of bent around the leaves, ceverly using her colors to blend with what was there.

She seemed to be out of it, asleep.  She did not look at me nor did she spook.  So I guess she was still out of it.

Checked the afternoon, rainy day, and she was long gone, out on the hunt somewhere or other. 

I'll bet she will be back in or around the flower pot late this evening.  It is her refuge.

Amazing how little insignificant animals live and survive around us.

No comments: