Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Battery Charger Is Working Again . . .

I did some tinkering around with the circuit.  Replaced the  rectifier and the LED.  I probably did not have to do that to either one but it is done now.  And yes, it is back functioning again.

I did buy enough components to make another one.  But I need a chassis box and few Banana Jack connectors to complete the works.  When I do, I will have a second charger.

The sad part is that I can no longer reach the original designer of the circuit, Mr. Chu.  Since he told be he instructed pilots in basic flying in WW-II, I suspect he has passed away.  We have been losing out greatest generation now for many years.  And their age dictates that they are soon going to be all gone.  Glad that I made the contact and have the circuit.

No comments: