Monday, February 10, 2014

Wet and Freezy . . .

Wet and freezy this AM, went out to get the paper and found the water droplets on the paper had turned to ice.  It was kinda crunchy.  But fortunately, the paper person had double bagged the paper so it was nice and dry.  That seems to make it more readable.

Put out the garbage too.  I generally open the garage door to take out the garbage bag but on days like today, I haul the bag out the front door.  Keeps the heat in the garage a little warmer. it is where I do my hobby work.  We never have much in the line of garbage to take out since we eat out most of the time.  So it is a large black bag about half full, so it is easy to carry out the front door.  I dump it on the curb and walk around, pick the paper and circle back to the front door via our walk way in the front.  Make a bit loop, very efficient, especially if it is really cold and really wet, like rain.  One trip does it all.

Get back inside where it is dry and warm, put my Eggo waffles in the toaster and get out the oleo to butter them up.  Pour a cup of coffee, sit at the counter, and read and eat my breakfast.  Does not take much to read the Fort Worth Sun Telegram.  It is a sorry newspaper.

Then I clean up, put away the toaster and get on the computer.  That is the beginning of my day.

No comments: