Saturday, February 14, 2015

Rank Stupidity . . .

This inane political correctness crops up all over the place.  We will not profile our enemies (the Israelis do it with great success) and resort to stupid actions.  We have to as a nation, as a people, stop this kind of liberal think behavior.   Behavior like no spanking of children, geez give me a break.  We are raising a whole crop of children that quickly learn how to  manage their parents.

Here is an example of rank stupidity.  I went to the Post Office to mail an express envelop.  I really just needed the space larger than a #10 envelop and had to resort to USPS Priority Envelop.  Yes, the envelop certainly could accommodate the papers I needed to send to Jacob and Anne for their children's funds.  Basically it was 1099 for each child.  I am the custodian for the funds but not their parents.  So they need the documents.  The grandkids are getting close to requiring the paying of income taxes.

Any Illegal contraband, the postal clerk said I had to answer the question of whether the envelop contained dangerous chemicals, liquids, etc..  It was as if I was getting on an airplane (and that is still another matter of stupid political correctness we, the people, have to deal with).  I said. "Are you kidding me?"

The answer was an emphatic no, you could go no further without checking a "no" block on an electronic window.  The machine had that programmed in and thus to go further getting postage, I had to answer the  question.  Obviously, there was no bulge or balky filling in the envelop.  The envelop was clearly visible to both me and the clerk.  Seems the machine is a better judge than the clerk doing his or her job

Herein lies the stupidity.  Were I a bad guy, I would just lie.  How would the clerk know the difference?  At least at an airport the TSA clerks (badged but still just clerks, no side arms and no arrest authority) have X ray machines to check for illegal hardware or contraband materials.  The post office clerk as a scale.  Well, doh!

We are rank with such baloney now days.  We have to use anti tamper caps on our medicine even though do not have children.  Well at least they have backed off a little on that.  But when our prescriptions are about to run out they send us a message that say one of your prescriptions is about to expire  For some reason they can say which one of the prescriptions is about to expire, that is a violation of privacy rules.  If  you do not pay them right on the spot, they will  quickly say you have not paid for XXXXXXXXX prescription.  Why is that not a violation of the same rules?    That is different because there is money involved - really.

How much time and money is being wasted by this nonsense?  No one seems to measure that factor in our lives.  Could possibly we could knock off 10% of the cost of doing business by getting back to common sense?

It is like passwords on Government web pages.  They force you to change it every 90days and specify how long (number of characters, the need to have at least one character, a letter, be capitalized and the use of some sort of symbol).  Last time I checked I have three type written pages of passwords.  There is no way I can remember them all.  I suggested to my Congresswoman a while back that the government have one universal password (for Veterans Administration, Military, Social Security, IRS, yada yada yada).  No way, each entity has to have its own password.  More waste.

I guess I am just getting to old . . .

No comments: