Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bright and 24 This Morning . . .

So much for Global Warming, it is March and we are eight degrees below freezing with a couple of inches of snow and ice on the ground. Not nice.  Al Gore really got it all wrong.  I could use a ton of that Global Warming right now.

We are hunkered down again, I see but one set of tracks in the street so that tells me, no one is going to work this AM except maybe the doctors.  Every body else is buttoned down and staying inside.

It is clear, visibility is said to be 9999 miles this AM.  Actually it is quite a bit more as one could see the Moon.  But no clouds, and lots of sun.  So the temperature is rising and will probably be around 40 this afternoon.  The TV is blaring all the road closures and wrecks. 

North Texas is not equipped for this kind of weather.  I mean the people do not drive correctly and the road crews do not have the plows and salt/sand trucks to keep the over passes open.  So semi trucks can not make it up the ramp or skid out of control on a down ramp because the roads are not treated.  And other drivers just go careening out of control bashing into each other.  I am sure the repair shops are loving it with all the extra work that is going to be available shortly.

I noted when I got up the temperature in my work area was 58 which is not bad.  That is the temperature in the garage.  Over in one corner where my work table is located there is a oil bath heater and a little ceramic heater.  They struggle to keep the temperature at 58 degrees.  When I go out I then fire up the propane heater and it warms the area up pretty quick.  It can get pleasant in about 40 or so minutes.  I do not stay long, so I shut the propane down and return to the inside and ideal comfort.

I filled the Finch feeder bags and note this morning they are having a great time dining deluxe on their favorite food.  Other birds come by to see what is going on, scares off the Finches but they soon return.  The bigger birds just fly off knowing they can neither get at the food nor is it food they like.

I hope it melts off, we have to drive to Louisiana Friday and I do not need all those kinds of road problems to deal with in our travels.

No comments: