Thursday, June 9, 2016

Discover Card . . .

Wow, out of the blue I got a message from DiscoverCard saying contact them, they think they have detected unusual activity on our credit card.  Usually, when I see such message they are nothing more than phishing.  But the message did display the actual last four digits of the credit card, so I called them as requested.

In a short but nice conversation with DiscoverCard person, we determined yes there was fraudulent activity going on.  There was a charge at a 7-11 and at a Tom Thumb Grocery store, neither of which we are near or use.  Asking further where this occurred and she said in Arlington, TX.  Of course, Arlington is a good forty miles from us and I have not done any shopping in Arlington.

I have no idea how they got the numbers of the card, could have been random in nature.  Or someone has been copying the numbers off other charges in the local region.  We will never know but we have Discover watching our backs for us.  We do use Discover Card routinely, and all other cards sparingly.  In fact I have just one other card while Judie has that and one of her own.  They were not involved.

Hats off to DiscoverCard and their fraud detection capability.  They had already stopped one charge and the other had gone through, but she said, it would now be kicked back and we had no liability.  Those are my kind of people.

Do I recommend them, you bet I do.  Second time they have come through for us like that.  The other time it was some game software operation, and we got that stopped.  That was years ago.

No comments: