Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Battle . . .

My desk top computer automatically down loaded an update to Windows 10.  The new upload signed me out of my Blog, I had to go through convoluted process to get back in.  I'll go through that later.  It also removed some Adobe software in favor of its software, the new download contained that software.

I had to go Google and resign in.  Google did not want to recognize any old stuff, passwords, etc.  So I was in a "Catch 22" situation where nothing worked.  So I gave in started all over again, loading my phone number into the request box.  That was a no go.  So I tried my cell phone number just for the hell of it, that worked.  I do not know why as I have never used that telephone number on this computer.  How did it get there?  Yes, I do know I have a Google account on my cellphone but I have never ever used it.  So in the magic world of communications, they Google system seemed to do what it wanted to do.  Could Microsoft helped with the new down load.  I do not know.

I do know when working a crossword puzzle, it asked me if  I would allow the Adobe product could be used once or all the time.  Naturally, I checked all the time as I visit the crossword puzzles daily.  So far I have had no trouble accessing and working the crossword puzzles.

It makes me angry I have to go through these loops to get what I had before the update.  I am a victim of software wars between major ISPs.  That should not happen but of course they do not care a wit about me and my wants.  Just trying to edge the other guy out of their world.  Not funny and not requested.

No comments: