Saturday, July 7, 2018

Doldrums . . .

Extraordinarily hot yesterday.  Then out of nowhere blows up a nice shower.  Rains about 20 minutes and soaks everything.  Better than watering any day of the year.  Muggy later but a cool night and AM very pleasant to walk my mile and half this morning.

We had the well tuned up and I have been watering extra to get back to even so to speak.  Had some dry spots and used the hose pipe and individual sprinkler to work on those parched spots.  That surely greened them up and now the rain has done a better job.

Front grass on the left side of the yard really looks bad.  I am thinking the yard people who do the spreading of fertilizer got the wrong stuff on the yard.  I will do some of my own spreading and see what happens.  But regardless the grass is in really bad shape.  Water helps but it is not the be all, need some nutrients to make the grass grow.

I know it is kind of hot to be putting out fertilizer but something needs to be done.  I can see where the tree man droves some tree spikes in the ground to fertilize the tree.  Those spots are nice and green.  So that tells me we need to do something.

I did not cut the far back last grass cutting session.  It needed to have a rest too.  It does not get treated by the yard people.  We are going to start getting them to put stuff down back there too.  But you can not even see the difference between where I cut the grass and where I did not cut the grass.  Pretty bad.

Oh well gives me something to do and worry about.

No comments: