Thursday, June 27, 2019

I Thought I had It Fixed . . .

Went to work on the irrigation problem.  I found the leak, applied new glue and got the joint re-glued.  I had let it sit over night.  I had even fabricated a little wedge to make sure the joint stayed put while the glue dried.

I tried it out this morning, turning on the well and turning on zone 1.  And it worked - for a while.  I had it running about four minutes and then shut it off.  Went and checked one last make sure time and water was spewing out and filling the control box container with well water very rapidly.

I ran back and shut the well off.  And then I bailed out the control box.  No new leak locations so I am back to the original leak.  I noted my fix was still in place, so now I have to figure out where this leak is originating from.  I suspect the same place but have to dig things out again.

First I am going to let things dry out until tomorrow and tackle it again.  It should not be to hard to find.  Fixing it is another matter altogether.  I hope I do not have a broken pipe.  If that is the case, it will be a more serious job to repair.

Irrigation systems are always a pain in the butt.  They are, in my mind, a constant maintenance project keeping them going.

At least I go the little snake killed off.  He was living in the control box.

That is the price one pays for a green yard, maintaining the irrigation system.

No comments: