Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brrrr . . .Its Cold

Brrr . . .Its Cold. Got up this AM, dressed and went into the living room, the great room, did my blood sugar test, put on my shoes, put drops in my eyes and thought, "I wonder if it is snowing?" Went over and opened the blinds and yes, it was snowing.

Wet stuff coming down pretty fast but not sticking to well. Went out and got the paper noting that the streets were clear and the sidewalks were also clear, a lot of dripping going on - the gutters downspouts ringing. Back inside, noted the temperature was right at 32 degrees F and then a half hour later, the temperature was at 36 degrees - rising. Gonna be wet. It quit snowing about 9 AM. Got a little sun peeking out too.

Now the wind is ripping out of the North. Nice and cold out there, outside. I hear the heater going full blast. I just picture the little wheels on the gas meter turning around and around as the heat keeps trying to keep up. Good thing the price of natural gas is down right now.

Some will say, "The Christmas spirit is upon us." I'll just say, "The cold is upon us." Double yuck!

No comments: