Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Looking for People . . .

In the past year I have tracked down a few of my old fraternity brothers. Some were easy like Yvie Poret (fellow USAF retiree, LT Col), others difficult like Terry Dardeau (I found his obituary), Bernie LaFaso (successful man), Dwight Paulsen (very successful man) but have yet to locate Brother Kieth Irwin. I know Brother Woody Bergeron married a girl from Livonia, a cousin with the same last name. He is in Atlanta region, a retired Delta pilot.

Dwight and Kieth were both from Franklin, LA. I looked there for Kieth but to no avail, then all over Louisiana, still no joy. Contacted Dwight and he thought he was out in Colorado. So I did a search out there and did find a Kieth Irwin.

Next step is to send him a letter. That does not always work, sent a letter to Brother Joffery Fusilier and got nada, nothing. Heard that Joffery was a very successful lawyer. I guess he forgot his college buddies but that's life for you.

Others like Donald Littlefield died early. Saw his obituary in a Lafayette paper. Today, I think Don was probably a homosexual and died of AIDS. What a tragedy, an early and unfortunate death. Don was the son of a very wealthy man, drove and Austin Healy 3000 sports car while at LSU. Sorry that his life ended so soon, I'm thinking no one missed him, pity to get caught up in the flotsam of life.

I think Hank Bernard is a lawyer in Lafayette and he does not respond either. He is either too busy or perhaps too sick. We had a common childhood friend in Leon Harris. Leon and I swap Emails regularly, he lives in Grants Pass, OR with his life love and wife. Leon done well too. Leon's brother, Johnny married Leah Raye Mougeot and lived in New Roads. Sadly Johnny passed on some time ago due to cancer, Leah Raye and I met at ex-brother-in-law's funeral. Through her I connected with Leon.

Well I am gonna sent Kieth a letter and see if he responds. It is interesting that those of us that are successful have no problems in responding. It seems that those of us less successful are perhaps embarrassed and thus do not respond. That's a shame because we don't care one way or the other, they were our friends at a formative time of our lives.

Life goes on . . .

No comments: