Thursday, March 10, 2011

Next Up . . .

I am next up on the cataract surgery path. We had joint eye appointments yesterday in Grapevine. Judie worked around her schedule to have a trip in May to Madison.

After we got her set up, then we had to set up my schedule. I will have the right eye done first, then after a month or so, the left eye. The right eye in the examination was very unstable.

The optometrist, Dr. Coldrick, said it was a level 2 to 3 grade now. The rating ranks from one to four. So it has reached the time to do it. When they do one eye then they do the other one right after it.

I unlike Judie will have Crystalens installed. She had ReSTOR which are alleged to be better for dry eyes. In my case, Crystalens is better for intermediate vision as well as night vision. I, of course, do not have dry eye issues as does Judie.

So late spring and early summer will be eye work for both of us. Judie's PRK is delayed until her Thyroid hormones are stabilized. That may take up to six months.

In my case, there is no follow on Lasik, Lasek or PRK necessary. While I have high levels of astigmatism, the "machines" indicate it is not a problem. So there is potential for me not to wear glasses again. If so, it will probably be reading glasses. I have worn glasses since I was thirteen, that is 58 years! I probably will be uncomfortable without them for some time - self conscious too.

Time ever marches on.

No comments: