Monday, March 5, 2012

Der Blog . . .

I was surprised to learn from Susan Morrison that I had readers of my blog as far away as South Carolina. At least she asked if it was my blog named False River and of course, I said, "Why yes it is." That kind of astounds me.

Then Chris Morrison, my cousin, who lives in New Roads at the old Morrison house and is its keeper so to speak, said I was referred to as an expert on Austin Chalk and Tucaloosa Marine Shale. Well I am here to say, I am decidedly not an expert, not even a Geologist but I am interested and read about it. I also contribute to the Haynesville Shale Forum and did start the thread on the Austin Chalk.

Believe me there are many others that are far more knowledgeable on Austin Chalk and the Edwards Shelf than I will ever be. But it is nice to know that the six degrees of freedom do indeed work, at least in my case.

Again the family business meeting was a great time. Great food, great hosts and good to see the family show up as they did. I hope it continues to grow and get better. We owe much thanks to Chris and Walter who are the real hosts of the affair.

I can not say enough about there stewardship. I know it is there home and heritage so to speak but they are aware it is a family asset. They just have the pleasure of being there in the fore front and do get the little and big things done for the plantation.

As corporation, maybe it will last the measure of time, at least for several generations.

2 comments:

Tobin said...

You have a reader here in Hannover, Germany!

False-River said...

I spent almost six years in Snee Efiels at Bitburg and Spangdahlem Air Bases. Made it to a lot of places in Germany but not Hannover. As close as I got was to Bremerhaven to get my cars. Did Berlin twice, Munich several times but not up where they spoke good German.

Thanks for the comment.

Chip