Thursday, November 7, 2013

Frost on the Pumpkin . . .

It was crunchy this AM.  I went for my walk just before sunrise and saw frost all over the place.  The dew froze up.  However, I do not think the temperature got below maybe 35 or 36 degrees Fahrenheit.

But there were great swaths of white color across the open yards.  I did not see any deer about which is another sign of being cold.  On the other hand, I walked in my LSU hoodie and with gloves on (I hate cold hands).  I was very comfortable and hustled around the area pretty quick.  I did not see anybody else at that time.  I sometimes see Dr. Huggins in an early AM walk but not today, perhaps I was a little late for him.   He goes around about 6:00, sometimes I am up that early but more often now days, I do not rise so early.

No freeze.  Just a cold snap.  Back into the low to mid 70s by Saturday.  But Mother Nature is sending her signals out.  Early warning.  Too bad all that global warning crap is not working.  I could use a nice warm winter.  That ain't gonna happen.

No comments: