Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Success!

The Disabled American Veterans notified me that my claim with the VA regarding Coronary Heart Disease is successful.  They have awarded a rating of 30% for the Viet Nam era Agent Orange caused disease. 

It will take a while for the paper work from the VA to catch up with me.  But it does not matter as the award is retroactive to the date it was filed.

I filed for this once before and it was summarily refused including a later appeal.  This time the evidence was overwhelming and undeniable.  So at least for now we are on the same playing ground and we will see what else will happen. 

Odd thing was the DAV sent me a form for applying for life insurance.  Unfortunately, while it is a good deal for some it is not for me.  I have plenty of life insurance accrued over time.  I have plenty of insurance coverage now to bury me with a lot left over for the survivors to use as they wish.  I can see where some VA claimants do not have any coverage and such coverage maybe to their advantage.  In my case, it is way to expensive and the current insurance is quite adequate.

Once in a while you win one!

No comments: