Sunday, October 4, 2015

Angeles House . . .

Mark Morrison has withdrawn his offer to buy the house.  I had objected to the sale of the land but others in the family saw it differently.  I had sort of withdrawn after 70% of the stockholders wanted to sell the house.

I had resigned my position on the board of directors in preparation for a law suit.  But my sister prevailed upon me not to sue my family.  So I stopped any actions in that regard.  I was resigned to the fact that a piece of the plantation was going to be sold and there was no convincing anyone not to do it.  They had their reasons and motivations, certainly they were separate from mine.

However, that is over for now.  But it was indeed getting close to splitting the family.  There was a lot of furor over the selling of the house, most I am sure on my part.

I had almost come to the conclusion I should withdraw altogether from it dealings with the plantation.  It seemed the others and they were in a majority, wanted to go a different direction.  So my presence was not needed nor wanted and probably not warranted.

I do not think the rest of the family will want to see me there anyway.  Things will be tense for a while.

Families are like that and issues arise.  This one is over for the moment.  I am sure another will arise down the road.  Maybe I will be dead by then.  There is hope!

No comments: