Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My New Stik is mort!

The airplane was built so flimsy that the crash did it in.  Besides I do not have any covering to use.  The covering used in the original is sort of like shelf paper.  Very cheap stuff.  Dare not get it to hot or you have an instant hole in the stuff.

So it was fling.  A cheap fling.  Now I know why I pay more for a Great Plaines kit or Almost Ready to Fly (ARF) kit.  It is substantially stronger and better built. 

I have a Stik in the box and probably will put it together when I get the old New Horizons Ultra-Stik back in the air.  I will have to use a servo out of the cheap Stik to finish off the old bird.

Just not in the mood to go out and build at the moment.  Got to get my juices up and running again.

Damn, it is hard getting old.


No comments: