Friday, June 26, 2009

Screwed by Dell - again!

Yes, screwed by Dell Computing again. I am beginning to really regret dealing with Dell, I wish someone had warned me about them.

First I got cross wise with them on their forum regarding NetWare interface card. I purchased the computer with 4 gigs of memory and found typical Microsoft error in that only 2 gigs of memory would work with the NetWare card. Dell's answer it was NetWare's problem not theirs or Microsofts (though it is Microsofts problem dealing with assigned memory locations - had this before with Windows 98). So I backed out of Dell's forum and wrote them a letter.

Second, the Dell came with Roxio software for DVD burning, no CD capability. I found a simple program on Microsoft and loaded it up. Now I have CD buring capability. No mention of his from Dell. Wonder why?

Third, I found Dell offering the same computer I bought with a big LCD monitor for the same price. That was only a month after I ordered and received mine. That kind of thing really pisses you off.

Fourth, Dell announces that they will replace Vista Premium with Windows 7 when it comes out. Oh, they did not mention the computer had to be purchased in June or later, no they did not in their press release. Guess what mine was purchased in May so no replacement for me from Dell. Pisses me off again.

Tell you what folks do not buy from Dell! Do they have good computers? Well, yes. Do they have good customer relationships? Well, no? Will I ever get another Dell, probably not. Dell is set up to sell things, once sold, screw you.

No comments: