Sunday, June 14, 2009

Springtown....

Springtown RC club had a "fun fly" event. Also a cook out and raffle off of prizes. The goal was to have fun - and make the club a few dollars.

When I drove across the cattle guard and looked up, I thought it was a renaissance fair, all the portable shades had been deployed and they were of many colors. They had a small crowd of enthusiasts there, and flying was underway.

I stayed a couple of hours, no flying for me, I do not like the crowds and do not wish to take the risk. But there were some very nice airplanes and helicopters out there. And the smell of Castor oil was in the air along with the smell of hamburgers cooking. The food was really good.

But it got hot, the heat index was on its way to 100 degrees plus, so I departed about one PM. I went to the model shop in Weatherford, chatted and bought a couple of things. Then on to home and the air conditioning.

No storms last night, so it will be dryer today. But still hot!!!!

No comments: