Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Walking Again . . .

Yes, I have begun walking again. We have had a cool snap and it is great time to start doing it again. I had kind of fallen off the log regardig walking but need the exercise. So back on it again. I think the cool period is over with though, calling for higher daytime temperatures right now.

As the day time temperature rises I will walk earlier in the AM. I used to walk in the dark early in the morning. Ran afoul of a rattle snake once, I did not see it but got close enough in the dark to get a warning rattle. Made me run 50 yards very quickly. That was back in Arizona when I walked on the weekends (I was working in those days).

Now days I stay close to the streets. That way I avoid the snakes and other critters that prowl early in the AM. Saw skunk once and made a bee line away from it too. Did not want to upset his turf at all.

Keep on keeping on.

No comments: