Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fritz . . .

Fritz or Fritzinna has booked it. He/she ate all the desirable bugs, that being principally crickets, has moved on. I have not seen him/her for a week. Last time I saw him/her was when it was skedaddling across the patio North to South. My thinking was that was the last trip before moving on.

Now, there is a Fritz out back at the hose winder box. He lives around the "mound" and I have seen him several times head under the hose pipe storage area. So I figure that is his turf and he roams about the mound so to speak.

Saw the fox while Judie was in Madison, he was checking things out. I think he eats the dropped peaches. Always a few falling off and the next day they are gone. So something is doing the clean up and it is not me.

With the fox around, we do not see the raccoons anymore, nor the possum. My thinking is the fox is a threat to them, though I doubt the fox will take them on full grown. But you never know, the fox is a very clever and sly animal. And they are ferocious hunters.

Got Blue birds nesting in the bird house. Ever since we stopped using bird seed that had Millet in it the Sparrows have moved on. No food source close enough to satisfy them. So the Blue birds moved back in and raising family after family of young ones.

Turning hot, things ought to slow down except for the grass growing. Pepper season is a upon us. We have pepper plants all over the yard now. I'm thinking we are gonna have a bumper crop this year. Watermelons are progressing too.

Time to move on . . .

No comments: