Wednesday, April 10, 2019

No Fritzes . . .

Fritz is the name I gave to our resident fence lizard.  He was a real laid back guy.  We later had a Mrs. Fritz but she was not so laid back, she was very skittish.  And then we had a bunch of them all over the yard.  Our cricket population went to near zero.

But so far with arrival of Spring I have not seen a Fritz in the yard or their other favorite spot, my garage.  We used to see them run across the window screens.  But so far we have not seen nary a one around the yard.

I think perhaps they have moved on as there seems to be no crickets for then to feast on.  I am guessing they have so decimated the population of crickets that there is not enough food for them to survive on.  Oh, I'm sure there are other insects they may eat but even so, there are no Fritzes running around anymore.

Or maybe I am just premature in thinking they are gone.  I do not know.  We will keep a watch for them.  Maybe they are in your yard now.

No comments: