Friday, April 26, 2013

More Iris . . .



 Some are late bloomers, they are in different spots in the yard and get different lighting, so I suppose that effects their development.  All of them need to be dug up and separated after blooming.

They are wonderful surviving plants.  They tolerate lots of abuse.  I even retrieved one out of a trash pile, planted it and it has begun to grow - I expect it to bloom late.  But it is like the one here in the lower right corner, fancy bloomer.

They do not seem to mind the crappy soil we have around here.  Clay everywhere.  Experts tell us it is a nitrogen deplenished soil, so the only fertilized that should be added is Nitrogen - long term release.  Naturally, I have a bag of 5-5-5 and I keep using it.  Sooner or later it will be used up.

No comments: