Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tomorow . . .

Tomorrow looks like a fly day.  I will go charge things up and get other stuff ready.  Winds will be low thus a good day to fly.

I am sure the others will be out since weather is cooperating.  Winds out of the North today and South tomorrow.  That means tomorrow will be decidedly warmer which makes things even better.

I have the Stik all ready to fly.  So it will be a Stik day tomorrow.

The Stik is an icon model aviation aircraft.  Phil Kraft, one of the fellows that really brought Radio Control in being, designed the airplane to test out his engines and RC equipment.  He sort of put it together without any design idea from stuff he had laying around.  Well it caught on and today is still be kitted and is a popular Almost Ready to Fly (ARF) model sold by different makers.  I hesitate to say manufacturers since most of the ARFs are made either in China or Viet Nam.  There are still a few kits around but no one deals with them to much anymore. 

An ARF can be assembled in a matter of hours, even customized as I do it does not take long.  So we get the assembled and in the air in record time.  Building a kit takes weeks if not months (I takes me years sometimes).  So your ARF becomes air ready and you can fly sooner.

I am afraid that with prices accelerating so fast that kits will come back.  It is not norm but money is money and if things get to pricey, back to building again.

Anyway, I am Stik fan and will stay that way whether it be a kit or ARF.

No comments: