Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Lucky DAy . . .

Monday, had my appointment with the Cardiologist.  He gave me a clean bill of health heart wise.  I have CT scan, for calcium, and they found a lot of it in my heart and the vascular areas around the heart.  Turns out it was a number but the Nuclear Stress Test confirmed I did not have any occlusions or blockages.  All was normal.

Then we had a spring yesterday fail in the garage door system.  The torsion spring counterbalances the door which is pretty heavy by itself.  So it assists in open and closing the garage door.  With a spring broken, it is hard to open.  Made a call to the garage door people, said the earliest appointment was Thursday.

Nope got a call from their man and he said he could do it this AM.  I said, "Come on down."  It seems he had a cancellation and was in the area.  So got the spring replaced, actually replaced the broken spring and the other spring at the same time.  He also replaced all the rollers and generally tuned up the door.  Runs like a champ now.

Then called USAA about a rock chip in the windshield.  They turned me over to SafeLite.  That was at 11:30.  I received a call from a SafeLite person about 12:00 and she was here about 1:00 PM.  Did the repair in 30 or so minutes and left. 

So today was my lucky day!

No comments: