Monday, June 4, 2018

Getting Around Another Windows 10 issue . . .

I made a mistake and allowed Bing to become the search engine of Windows 10 Pro Microsoft Edge application.  I find on the Internet the Bing App is considered by some as a virus.  It gets lodged in, buried somewhere and takes over all search duties from Microsoft Edge.

So I reverted back to Internet Explorer.  I place the icon on my task bar like I did with Word found in Office 2002.  I can not get the Internet Explorer on to the App page either, so the task bar will suffice.

So far Bing has not invaded Internet Explorer and I am satisfied.  I had been clicking MSN on the Bing page to get away from Bing.  Now with the Internet Explorer icon on the task bar I have eliminated that extra click action.

I have several recommendations for removing Bing and they work once and then Bing invades the correction and takes over again.  So for the time being I have simply avoided it.  I have remove Chromium from the computer but that does not seem to do the job. 

Now I am sort of free of it.  I hope it does not discover Internet Explorer and contaminate it also.

Oh, live and learn!

No comments: