Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Hammered and Banged Ad Nausiam

Yep, I had an MRI.  Specifically, an MRI on my left shoulder.  In the last six months the pain in my left shoulder has gotten progressively worse.   First it was an Xray and that led to the MRI.

Back in 1995 or so I was treated at Beaver Clinic in Redlands for left shoulder pain.  The doctor prescribed Naproxen Sodium, 750 MGs twice a day to relieve the pain.  And that worked and then eventually in a week or two the pain subsided and went away.  So I thought I was done with it.

Well it is arthritis now, hurts all the time.  Sometimes worse than others.  I  was taking Aleve for it, that the over-the-counter Naproxen Sodium now days.  I was taking two a day one in the AM and one in the PM.  That sort of relieved the pain to a level it did not bother me.

But, there always seems to be but, my personal care physician (aka PCP) said I had to stop taking NSAIDs as it was beginning to effect my kidneys.  It was okay to take a baby Aspirin for heart purposes but to stop the NSAIDs otherwise.  And I found Acetametaphine (aka Tylenol) was not doing the trick, no relief.  So I am now scheduled to see the Orthopedic doctor for additional treatment and/or consultation.

At best it will be more drugs to treat the Arthritis or shoulder rotator cup replacement.  I do not relish the latter but that may be the only good answer.

Until them, we shall see what gives.

No comments: